When it comes to helping small businesses with leases and legal matters, we’re here for you. We’re experts in creating, checking, and negotiating commercial and retail leases for businesses and individuals. Our expert team can provide you with valuable advice on business leases, including the following areas:
- Advising directors of companies of any personal obligations in attaching to the lease.
- Advising companies about the consequences of wanting to get out the lease and assisting in so doing.
- Advising companies about the ability or otherwise to vary the terms and conditions of the lease after it has been signed.
Retail Leases Act advice
At Arro, we’re here to support your small businesses with all your legal needs related to the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic). Our solicitors are dedicated to ensuring that your business receives the best advice and guidance so you can navigate the legal landscape effectively:
- Assessing whether certain premises and businesses are covered under the Retail Leases Act.
- Providing advice to clients about the meaning of retail premises and exclusions for coverage of the Retail Leases Act.
- Advising landlords and tenants on disclosure obligations under the Retail Leases Act and other obligations under the Retail Leases Act including those published by the Victorian Small Business Commissioner.
- Advising clients on options to renew and the process required to exercise and approve options.
- Advising landlords of their obligations under the Retail Leases Act.
- Advising tenants of their obligations under the Retail Leases Act.
Retail and commercial leases drafting and negotiation
When it comes to drafting and negotiating retail and commercial leases for small businesses, there are plenty of legal challenges to watch out for. But don’t worry, we’re here to help you navigate these pitfalls and achieve legal success.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial and retail leases and disclosure statements and heads of agreement.
- Advising clients on general lease terms and conditions including the term of the lease and options to renew, rent and the basis of rental reviews, the dates of exercise of any option(s) for further lease terms and associated rent increases, outgoing or shared operating expenses, obligations to repair/maintain, permitted use and assignment.
- Drafting and negotiating special conditions to record requirements and obligations not otherwise included in the general conditions.