At Arro, we understand the importance of smooth and hassle-free property transactions for small businesses like yours. Whether you’re buying or selling a property, our dedicated property law team is here to provide comprehensive and approachable services that simplify the process.
Sale and purchase of land transactions
Our experienced solicitors and legal advisers can assist you with all aspects of property settlements, ensuring your success. We offer the following services:
- Sale of land transactions including; preparing contracts of sale and vendor’s statements (also referred to as section 32 statements) including obtaining all of the necessary property certificates, obtaining section 27 information from mortgagee and drafting section 27 statements (also referred to as release of deposit statements), liaising with client’s mortgagees to arrange for mortgage discharges and payout figures for settlement preparing all forms required by the State Revenue Office and Land Victoria, reviewing statement of adjustments, providing cheque directions, and all other matters necessary in relation to organising and affecting settlement.
- Purchase of land transactions including; reviewing proposed contracts of sale and section 32 statements, obtaining necessary rate, tax and planning certificates, preparing transfers of land, preparing and lodging caveats, liaising with mortgagees in relation to any mortgage loans, preparing statements of adjustments and all other matters necessary in relation to organising and affecting settlement.
Stamp duty assessment
When it comes to stamp duty assessment, our team of experienced professionals can guide you effectively through:
- Assessing the duty payable under the Duties Act 2001 when purchasing property in Victoria.
- Liaising with valuers and real estate agents to assess the market value of properties.
- Liaising with the State Revenue Office to discuss stamp duty concessions and exemptions.
- Advising on State Revenue Office grants including first home buyer duty reductions, principal place of residence duty concessions, off-the-plan concessions and pensioner duty exemptions and concessions.
Transfer of land transactions
We can offer a comprehensive range of legal expertise in land transfers, including the preparation and lodgement of securities:
- Advising clients on concessional and exempt duty transactions.
- Transfers of land including:
- Transfers of land to and from trustees.
- Property passing to beneficiaries of fixed trusts.
- Property passing to beneficiaries of discretionary trusts.
- Property passing to unitholders in unit trust schemes.
- Transfer of property from one superannuation fund to another.
- Transfers to trustees or custodians of superannuation funds or trusts.
- Transfer of property to and from spouses/domestic partners.
- Property passing to beneficiaries of superannuation funds.
- Property passing through a deceased estate.
- Preparation of loan agreements.
- Lodgement of securities including caveats, registered mortgages, fixed charges, personal property securities registrations.