When it comes to buying and selling a business, Arro can ensure legal success for your company. We are experienced in advising on all legal matters related to business sale and purchase, and our solicitors can offer a broad spectrum of services such as:
- Negotiating a sale/purchase of a business.
- Drafting heads of agreement setting out the key terms of the sale/purchase agreement.
- Drafting/reviewing sale of business contract.
- Identifying and transferring IP.
- Undertaking due diligence, advising of identifiable risks and advising on those risks.
- Settling the sale/purchase.
- Transferring/terminating employees.
- Transferring securities, licences, key contracts, plant and equipment.
Business valuation methodology
Valuing a business is often a difficult task, and we at Arro can help by advising on a comprehensive business valuation method which consists of:
- Identifying key referrers such as accountants, financial planners, industry experts to assist in valuing your business.
- Discussing with clients the value of obtaining appropriate valuations.
- Considering and discussing with clients the valuation of different assets and goodwill of their business.
- Crafting management documents and sale documents containing robust valuation methods to ensure the maximising of returns.
Due diligence and settlement
During the sale or purchase of a business, it is vital to be diligent. Our experienced solicitors can offer the following advice or services in this area of the law:
- Advising clients on due diligence and settlement requirements such as:
- Historical and current company information provided to the regulator
- Status of tax payments
- Status of any litigation
- Grunt of any securities
- Provisioning of long service leave, annual leave and personal/carer’s leave of employees
- Key terms of any leases, hire purchase arrangements and supplier contracts
- Status and fulfilment of any contracts for the supply of goods or services
- Status of any licences necessary to run the business
- Status of any health and safety inspections
- Obtaining relevant transfers such as transfers of certain digital assets including intellectual property
- Attending settlement
Third party negotiations including landlords
Many transactions involve third party negotiations, our solicitors can help by providing the following legal advice and services:
- Obtaining the consent from the landlord to the transfer of any leases being passed as part of the purchase of business
- Identifying key and material terms in the leases which may impact the value of the acquisition
- Advising pre-purchase of any unusual conditions in the lease which may impact the decision to acquire a business
- Negotiate with the landlord concerning any changes requested to the lease or any requirements to ensure the property’s fitness for a purpose such as fibre optic cabling or the installation of satellite dishes