Your privacy is important to us
ARRO Lawyers Pty Ltd collects information in a number of different ways including directly, indirectly and through third parties. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
- When you purchase any of our packages our website (www.arrolawyers.com.au (‘Website’);
- When you sign up to be an ARRO member through our Website;
- When you otherwise engage with us through our Website;
- Via Email;
- Social Media;
- Over the phone;
- At a meeting with any of our staff.
Depending on your purpose for contact, the information we collect from you may vary. The information may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address, land details;
- Your login details if you sign up to be an ARRO member;
- Credit card or banking details;
- Your specific legal issues or questions;
- Details about your business that is relevant to the legal questions;
- Details of interaction between you and our staff;
- Feedback in relation to your experience with us;
- Any other information that is relevant to the provision of our services to you.
If you provide us with direct debit or direct credit details, we will only disclose those details to our bank or pay gate services to facilitate the provision of that service.
Our use of your information
Although we may use your personal information mainly to support our provision of services to you, we may also use your personal information for secondary purposes. We may communicate news, promotional offers or special events to you or we may use personal information for marketing, research, planning and product development purposes… Where you have consented to receiving these communications from us, that consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
Disclosure of your information
- We may need to provide your information to our contacts including specialists and barristers should it be required to assist you with your legal issues.
- We may disclose your personal information to other trusted companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on their behalf (such as third party service providers and specialist consultants including overseas entities);
- Anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- Anyone else where authorised by law.
You agree that by providing your information to us you provide us your consent to disclose to the above disclosure.
Junk mail or unsolicited email
You will only receive emails from us if:
- You subscribe to our Email Newsletters service. Our Email Newsletters will keep you informed of the latest offers, current promotions and news and events. If you no longer wish to receive Email Newsletters, you may unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of our email;
- You request information about our services when you choose to contact us. You will not be added to a mailing list of any kind and will only receive e-mail in the matter that you have contacted us about;
- You provide your details and request that we contact you when you send us your Resume; or
- They are otherwise relevant to the reasons for which we hold your email address, where we are permitted to do so by law.
We will destroy information if the information could not have been lawfully collected by us if we had solicited it.
If you, or a company you work for, supplies goods or services to us, we may collect personal information about you in connection with the provision of those goods or services, either directly from you or from that company.
Other information we collect
We may also collect the following information from you:
- The fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our Websites, or your IP address;
- The date and time you accessed each page on our Websites;
- The URL of any webpage from which you accessed our Websites (the referrer);
- Cookies which track your visits to the our web sites; and
- The web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
We use this information to improve our Website. In some circumstances we may collect personal information about an individual from a third party, for example, to analyse traffic at our Website. If this information is linked with personal information we hold about you as set out above, this information becomes personal information and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
How your personal information is stored and kept secure
All personal information collected by us is held securely. This information is only made available to our staff, contractors and third parties to a level that is necessary for them to perform their duties.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment, however, this security cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the internet. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Where we no longer require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
Accessing your information
In order to maintain the security of your personal information we may require you to provide proof of your identity before discussing any personal information and we may ask you to specify what information you require.
All reasonable steps are taken by us to ensure that your personal information held by us is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, please contact us
How you can make a privacy related complaint?
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact us (details below). Any complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made (usually within 30 days).
Questions or Complaints
Level 3, 649 Bridge Road, Richmond VIC 3121
P: (03) 9017 5284
For more information on privacy in Australia, please visit the Australian Commonwealth Government’s Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.