Preparing and attending legal property settlements
What kinds of expertise can Arro provide in preparing and attending legal property settlements?
Arro’s team of solicitors and legal advisers have extensive experience in matters related to property settlements. We can help your business achieve success by providing the following legal advice and services:
- Liaising with real estate agents, settlement agents, financiers, mortgagees to ensure that settlement runs smoothly and without delay.
- Booking in property settlements with all relevant parties including mortgagees, vendors and purchasers.
- Ensuring cheques required for settlement are in order.
- Obtaining payout figures from mortgagees to ascertain any shortfalls or surplus funds.
- Notifying all relevant parties once settlement has been affecting and lodging notices of acquisitions/disposing with relevant authorities.
- Ensuring clients have vacated the property/moved into the property without difficulty.
Who would usually need help with property settlements?
- Australian citizens and foreign residents looking to purchase land in Victoria.
- First home buyers.
- Legal representatives of deceased estates.
- Members of superannuation funds.
- Property owners.
- Real estate agents.
- Residential and commercial loan brokers.
- Trustees of trusts.
- Unit holders of unit trusts.
How can legal advice and services for property settlements help businesses operating in the digital space?
- Booking of settlements online via SAI Global online portal.
- Efficiency through e-conveyancing being an electronic platform provided by Property Exchange Australia Limited (PEXA).
- Efficiency through electronic submissions on Duties Online allowing registered users to electronically submit property transfers and declarations of trust.
- Online preparation of documents required by Land Victoria and the State Revenue Office.
- Assessing the value of stamp duty using the State Revenue Office’s online stamp duty calculator.
- Lodgement of stamp duty via the State Revenue Office’s Duties Online portal.
Meet our Lawyers
Our experienced team has all your digital bases covered. Meet the legal experts who’ll help protect and grow your business and answer all your questions.