Dispute resolution, performance management, IP ownership disputes between employer and employee
Arro offers the following services in resolving disputes between employers and employees:
- Calculating the minimum period of employment for dismissal purposes
- Advising clients on the grounds for termination including summary dismissal, redundancy, sale of transfer of business, winding up of business, death, resignation, abandonment and incapacity
- Advising clients on termination remedies including common law action for wrongful dismissal, unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal and unlawful termination
- Facilitating discussions between employers and employees to resolve conflict and provide solutions
- Advising clients on best practice management of underperformance including identifying the problem, assessing and analysing the problem, meeting with the employee to discuss the problem, jointly devising a solution and monitoring performance
- Advising small business of their obligations under the small business fair dismissal code
- Calculating notice and redundancy pay
Who would usually need this expertise?
- Business owners
- HR Managers
How can resolving employer and employee disputes benefit businesses operating in the digital space?
- Online forums such as glass door where ex-employees can post information about previous employers and companies including information relating to salary, employment experience, culture etc.
- Defamatory comments on social media
- Fair work commission posts unfair dismissal decisions which would name the company
- Disputes over ownership of confidential information and intellectual property
- Ownership of social media profiles, content and contacts
Meet our Lawyers
Our experienced team has all your digital bases covered. Meet the legal experts who’ll help protect and grow your business and answer all your questions.